Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Changing mnemonics with followers

skritterjohan   August 24th, 2010 7:28a.m.

Today I decided to change one of my mnemonics. Then later I noticed a few people had chosen my mnemonic previously. Do they get my changed mnemonic? I decided to change the mnemonic back but couldnt remember exactly what it was, so I went with the best I could remember.

Perhaps all this is not ideal. Perhaps when mnemonics are chosen by a certain number of people they should start to lead their own life and become independent of the original creator.

nick   August 24th, 2010 10:21a.m.

It's okay, I think. Most mnemonics changes are just to improve formatting or fix typos or some such. There will be a few cases where the original author changes her mnemonic even though it's good (people are using it) to something else, but I'm hoping it's rare enough to not be a big deal. The system is a lot easier to code this way.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!