Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Progress bar on section cramming

aharlekyn   August 24th, 2010 4:09p.m.

I just crammed a section of a list for the first time and noticed that there is no blue/green 'progress bar' at the top left and the green + button is also missing. Is this suppose to be missing?

I found a nice way to add words to my study list is to cram a list and after that go to the practice everything. It seems it wont work so good with the sections of the list as I dont have the same control.

No biggy though. Could just overcome it by keeping to my old habits.

nick   August 25th, 2010 10:55a.m.

Section cramming intentionally doesn't have those, because it works differently. It's usually not recommended; really it's only for if you need to cram for a test. But because the current UI nudges people toward it more than it should, it gets overused and causes problems!

Our next vocab system design will relegate section cramming to a hidden cranny and it'll all be about studying everything or one list.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!